30 Days to Create a Routine
Trying new things is a great way to create a healthier lifestyle – 30 days is the perfect amount of time to do it! When we look to form healthy habits, it can be helpful to try something every day for 30 days to see what works for you!
Forming a new habit or routine can seem impossible, especially if we are trying to break a negative habit at the same time. Creating a new routine or habit doesn’t have to be an intimidating challenge. Let us help you create a new routine for a healthier lifestyle!
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO FORM A HABIT?
It has been said that it takes about 30 days to form a habit – with some determination. In 30 days you can create a new habit, give a new routine a try, understand what you do and don’t like about your new routine and help you learn more about yourself.
Remember, goals and habits vary just like we do as individuals, each one is different. Trying to break a negative habit may take a little longer, it doesn’t make it any less exciting!
Usually, when we are changing a habit for the long term, these types of lifestyle changes are not a quick fix. We need to make sure we manage them with a long-term lifestyle approach.
HOW TO STICK TO YOUR NEW ROUTINE?
Finding a place to start can be the hardest part, so we need to understand that results don’t show immediately. The first few weeks of a new routine will be the hardest, but also the most exciting. You are trying new things and remember; it will get easier!
How to help make your new routine come a little easier:
- Harness your will power! Write your new routine goal and the fridge or your mirror to remind yourself each day!
- Organise your daily life to set you up for success - Create little habits to help support your larger goal, help yourself make it a little easier
- Little things like preparing your workout gear the night before, will motivate you to get out of bed the next morning.
- Packing your workout bag and taking it to work, motivates you to head to the gym or pool on your way home from work.
- Pre-purchase your veggies for the week, so when you begin to cook a healthy meal, all your ingredients are accessible to you – we like to call this the no excuses plan!
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help to get over the tougher days or more difficult hurdles
- Adapt your thoughts as well as your actions – become aware of what you are doing is the first step and the step that allows you to make a change
- Keep track of your new routine will allow you to boost your motivation to stick to it as well as see what or where you might have slipped.
- It’s ok to slip sometimes – we aren’t perfect, and nobody should ask us to be.
- Set your goal and be realistic - Creating a new habit or routine is a long-term lifestyle change, remember we will not see results in the blink of an eye
- Commit for at least 30 days – you must make sure you have given it a good try; 30 days will go by in the blink of an eye!
WHAT IS A HEALTHY ROUTINE CHANGE?
There are several ways we can make our lifestyle healthier and it all depends on you and your circumstances. Creating a daily habit can help you achieve your healthier lifestyle goals – remember a healthy lifestyle change is one we want for the long-term.
Getting 30 minutes of exercise each day is a great start
Going to the gym three times a week
Doing something active during your lunch break – this could be that we leave our desks; you know who you are!
Mixing up your current workout with something new – push yourself a little more
Eating a healthier diet – limit take out to once a week
Adding swimming into your workout routine – this is a different type of fitness!
The possibilities are endless! This may make it even more overwhelming; we get it!
Our team are here to support you in any way that we can – don't be afraid to reach out and ask for help. Having support will help keep you motivated and reach that goal!
“If you have not participated in physical activity/exercise in some time, then 5-10-minutes of low-moderate intensity aerobic exercise is all you need to get started! Then when you feel more confident, you can build on your time moving.
Don’t forget that it can take 6-8 weeks to create a healthy exercise routine and new routines. Starting small is okay!”
- Accredited Exercise Physiologist, Kyle Morocombe.
LET’S GET STARTED!
Think about what you want to achieve, and the positive lifestyle change you want to make – future you will thank you, we are sure of it!
Get started and give it a go for 30 days! Really what do you have to lose?
Talk to our team for help and support on your new journey – Let’s smash those goals!
Get your new routine started today with your first 30 days FREE on our full access memberships! Now you really have no excuse!
Good luck and see you in Centre!